Explore a Career in Medical Coding- Short Course
Equine EmpathyThis course will teach you the fundamentals of horse care including dietary requirements, the digestive system, and grooming. It also covers pasture management and the commercial opportunities within the horse world. Whether you own a horse, are looking to start a career, or work with horses already, this course will provide you with the essential knowledge you need.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn how to care for horses
- Ideal for those working with horses or those who want to take better care of their horse
- Discover the commercial possibilities of horse ownership including breeding, competition, and farm business structures
- Develop appropriate procedures to manage a horse at grass
- Develop a program for the evaluation of the conformation of horses on a property/facility.
- The early horse
- Survival mechanisms of the early horse
- The modern horse – behaviour and memory
- Using psychology to handle horses
- Catching and leading horses
- Fitting the bridle and saddle
- Tying up a horse
- Safety rules
- Weight carrying ability
- Equine dentition and ageing
- Glossary of terms
- Dentition diagrams and detailed explanation
- Colour and markings
- The shape of the skeleton
- Body proportions and parts
- Conformation problems
- How to describe confirmation
- The digestive System
- The alimentary canal
- The Stomach
- The small intestine
- The large intestine
- Absorption of food
- Groups of food nutrients
- The composition of some common horse feeds
- The principles of watering
- The principles of feeding
- Feeding concentrates and roughages
- Feeding groups of horses at one time
- Advantages and disadvantages of working off grass
- Paddock size and minimum area needed
- Types of fencing
- The water supply
- Fodder trees
- General management of the grass-kept horse
- Management in summer
- Management in winter
- Grooming the grass-kept horse
- Conservation of the land
- Keeping horses at grass on small areas
- Roughing off and turning a horse out
- The skin – epidermis, dermis, the coat
- How the skin regulates body temperature
- Reasons for grooming
- Grooming tools
- Grooming techniques – strapping, sponging, brushing
- Using a stable rubber, dealing with stable stains on grey coats
- Oiling the feet
- Setting Fair/Brushing off
- Washing the mane and tail
- Washing the sheath
- Shampooing the horse
- Writing resumes – employment readiness
- Competition horses (overview) – event horse, dressage horse, show jumper, endurance
- Educating Horses
- Farm planning
- Short term operations
- Farm business structures
- Quality management systems
- Whole farm planning
- Preparing a farm business
- Managing risk
- Sensitivity analysis
- Financial management
- Record keeping
- Finance sources
- Setting up a small business
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.