Certificate in Medical Reception
Become a Certified Medical Receptionist in just ten weeks and Learn how Medicare works!
View all 10 modules in this course. Get your free course guide now.
Why Choose Us?
- Become a Certified Medical receptionist and gain a qualification to add to your CV
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Increase your job prospects and learn key office and medical receptionist skills
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you! Gain the skills to become a Certified Medical Receptionist
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want qualified applicants
- Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide – Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
Assessment: Assignments, quizzes
Duration: Approximately 100 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Start date: Get instant access within 1 business day.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
or from $25 week on an Interest FREE payment plan
Medical Reception covers the following modules
1. Role of a Receptionist
2. Medical Reception Service Skills
3. Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
4. Maintain Patient Records
5. Effective Business Communication
6. Introduction to Microsoft Word
7. Understanding Medicare
8. Workplace Health and Safety
9. First Aid and Medical Emergencies
10. Customer Relationship Management
Optional FREE bonus module: Introduction to Medtech Evolution. Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
What does a CertifiedMedical Receptionist do?
Certified Medical Receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
This online course is suitable for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or medical transcription
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
The availability of Health-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in 40,600 job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for health graduates is between $49,182 – $61,459 per year. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance.
Sources, Seek, The Department of Education
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Jessica (Administration Tutor)
I made a decision to diversify my skillset and jumped on the Career Academy medical reception course. From the very beginning I knew I had the support network I needed to succeed in this course. The tutors are available for any questions and give helpful feedback. I have especially appreciated the help of Jessica Duiker who has encouraged me to continue to do the best I can with each assessment. Studying at home during COVID19 has been a great use of my downtime. I'll come out of this with a fresh new qualification and ready to get back into the workforce.
Melissa (Administration Tutor)
Melissa was very helpful in answering my questions . This course suits my circumstances and the value for money is resonable.
Becky (Administration Tutor)
It was wonderful experience studied with career academy.I admire both Jessica Duiker and Becky caulfield.They have done amazing job.Really helpful and check each and every part of assessment.I really appreciate Becky caulfield's participation by replying back to even in student discussion.Also, help desk (receptionist) is admirable for their quick responses.Well done team!!
Louise (Administration Tutor)
I am loving my course so far it has alot more content than i thought it would the assinments are challenging the tutors have been great (louise) gives great feedback and lets you know on areas you need to improve on or have done well on overall i am very happy with the course
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!