Certificate in Medical Reception & Terminology
Gain the skills you need to become a medical receptionist in only 10 weeks!
View all 21 modules in this course. Get your free course guide now.
Why Choose Us?
- Gain a certificate of achievement and become a Certified Medical Receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide – Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
Duration: Approximately 160 hours. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Start date: Get instant access within 1 business day.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
or from $25 week on an Interest FREE payment plan
Medical Terminology covers the following modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Medical Reception covers the following modules
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Understanding Medicare
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship Management
Optional BONUS module: Introduction to Medtech Evolution
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Jessica (Administration Tutor)
I made a decision to diversify my skillset and jumped on the Career Academy medical reception course. From the very beginning I knew I had the support network I needed to succeed in this course. The tutors are available for any questions and give helpful feedback. I have especially appreciated the help of Jessica Duiker who has encouraged me to continue to do the best I can with each assessment. Studying at home during COVID19 has been a great use of my downtime. I'll come out of this with a fresh new qualification and ready to get back into the workforce.
Melissa (Administration Tutor)
Melissa was very helpful in answering my questions . This course suits my circumstances and the value for money is resonable.
Becky (Administration Tutor)
It was wonderful experience studied with career academy.I admire both Jessica Duiker and Becky caulfield.They have done amazing job.Really helpful and check each and every part of assessment.I really appreciate Becky caulfield's participation by replying back to even in student discussion.Also, help desk (receptionist) is admirable for their quick responses.Well done team!!
Louise (Administration Tutor)
I am loving my course so far it has alot more content than i thought it would the assinments are challenging the tutors have been great (louise) gives great feedback and lets you know on areas you need to improve on or have done well on overall i am very happy with the course
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!