Certificate In Wildlife Conservation
Get a certificate in wildlife conservationStart a wildlife conservation course and apply your knowledge in a research project focusing on an endangered species in your area. Study wildlife conservation to discover how conservationists identify and recover vulnerable habitats and understand how essential concepts like biodiversity and wildlife management can protect an ecosystem. This Certificate In Wildlife Conservation could help you develop skills in tourism, conservation, and management or research and development. Enrol now to discover solutions to wildlife conservation challenges that empower you to contribute to positive change
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Work towards a career that matters
- Grow your understanding of the survival connections between species
- Identify real solutions in the movement to conserve our wildlife
- Discover how exclusion methods can protect and regenerate species
- Learn to observe and collect information about ecosystems nearby
- Connect to ideas and concepts that provide a framework for conversation
- What is wildlife conservation
- The need for wildlife conservation
- Important concepts ecology, ecosystem, biome, conservation values, biological diversity, genetic drift, habitat, life span, wildlife movement and wildlife management.
- Threatening processes habitat fragmentation, habitat degradation and loss, soil degradation, erosion, pollution, unsustainable harvesting, invasive species, climate change, population isolation and disease.
- Biodiversity indicators
- Loss of species categories of risk
- Species vulnerability to endangerment
- Recovery of species and threat management
- Habitat Conservation identifying critical habitat and protecting habitat
- Research population growth, habitat use and conservation genetics
- Captive breeding
- Public involvement
- Types of Habitat eg. temperate and tropical forests, woodland, tundra and mangrove habitats
- Habitat Use
- Species Richness
- Habitat Fragmentation
- Creating Habitats
- Restoration Ecology creating habitat corridors, situating corridors, types of corridors, edge effects
- Habitat Rehabilitation implementing a land management program, determining objectives, determining a program
- The Role of GIS in Conservation
- The Role of Protected Areas levels of protection, approaches to reserve selection and limitation of reserves.
- Species Approach modelling demography, effective population size, small populations, population viability analysis (PVA)
- Landscape Approach elements of landscape ecology, distribution of populations within a landscape, landscape modelling
- Ecosystem Approach the need for ecosystem management, understanding dynamics, adaptive management, objectives for ecologically sustainable forest management.
- Observation techniques spotlighting, scat surveys, census techniques
- Trapping Techniques radio tracking, call recordings, pit fall traps, Elliot traps.
- Species identification
- Reef Surveys
- Habitat Surveys
- Aerial Surveys
- Commercial Fish Stock Management
- Farm Planning
- Urban Planning
- Use of GIS
- Managing Threatened Wildlife Populations manipulating populations, revegetation/restoration, creating corridors, pest control plans, fencing for species, fire breaks.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school’s tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $795 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could work towards a career in Parks Management.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
You can start by completing a Certificate in Wildlife Conservation with The Career Academy. This course provides a solid foundation towards work in parks, reserves, or anywhere wildlife is managed or rehabilitated.