Certificate in Domestic Cat Care
Could caring for domestic cats become a career path?Turn your love for domestic cats into a potential career path via online learning with The Career Academy. Our cat care certificate will help you understand what drives feline behaviour and how best to address health issues with a preventative mindset. You will discover how breeders operate and what is involved in caring for domestic cats within a business framework. Use this cat care certificate to develop insights into cat nutrition and dietary approaches that may produce excellent well-being across various breeds. Enrol today to map out a future built on passion.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand the power of preventative care
- Discover optimum ways of caring for domestic cats
- Learn how to start or purchase a feline care business
- Focus on grooming, pregnancy, or common ailments in domestic cat care
- Understand better the nature of feline ill health and how to treat it
- Gather skills that may lead to further study or an exciting career path
- Receive support from experienced professionals
- Basic Feline Needs – Basic Duties of the Cat Owner
- Food and water
- Shelter and Containment
- Health care for sick cat
- Claw trimming
- Introducing a new cat at home
- Cats with babies and children
- Cats and dogs
- Cat breeds – pedigrees and non-pedigrees
- Digestive system
- Reproductive system
- Domestic cat breeds
- International and national associations
- Long haired breeds – characteristics, common health problems, temperaments, care, history
- Semi-long haired breeds – characteristics, common health problems, temperaments, care, history
- Short haired breeds – characteristics, common health problems, temperaments, care, history
- Preventative care
- Recognising ill health
- Dealing with emergencies
- Artificial breathing and heart massage
- How to induce vomiting
- Specific situations to deal with e.g. burns, wounds, dehydration, hypothermia (and many more)
- Restraining for treatment
- Transportation of the injured cat
- Internal parasites
- Stomach worms
- Bladder worms
- Worm control
- External parasite
- Common ailments and diseases (numerous)
- Skin disorders
- Introduction to foods and feedings
- Dietary options
- Free feeding
- Scheduled, portion controlled feeding
- Understanding dietary requirements
- Kittens (0-12 months)
- Pregnant and lactating cats
- Fussy cats
- Obesity and overweight cats
- Underweight cats
- Geriatric cats
- Raw diets
- Toxic foods
- Understanding the cats mind
- Personality and temperament differences
- How cats communicate
- Body language
- Sleeping routines and circadian rhythms
- Behavioural problems
- Recognise and understand aggression
- Dealing with aggression
- Inappropriate elimination
- Excessive vocalisation
- Geriatric dysfunction
- Controlling killing wildlife
- Eating disorder
- Abnormal suckling
- Separation anxiety
- Cat breeding industry
- Ethics in animal breeding
- A brief look at genes
- Sexual behaviour
- Socialisation of kittens
- Problem based learning project – Improving Standards for Ethical Breeding
- Grooming services
- Professional training and handling
- Day care or boarding facilities
- Rehoming and fostering
- Using cats as therapy pets
- Health care industry
- Feline therapy services – hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, massage
- Retail and manufacturing industry
- Pet funerals and memorials
- Business basics for self-employment in the feline industry
- Laws and small business
- The importance of keeping records
- Buying an established business
- Buying a franchise
- Approaches to business planning
- Problem based learning project – Starting a Small Business in the Cat Industry
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $595 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you will better understand how to best care for domestic cats in a work or personal setting.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Learning to care for your domestic cat is easy with The Career Academy Certificate in Domestic Cat Care. You will learn what drives feline behaviour and how to address health issues with a preventative mindset.