Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Become a Qualified Accounting Technician!
Download your FREE Course Curriculum now
- Fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Become a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Gain this qualification for your CV
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Gain AAT Professional Membership* – once you successfully complete this qualification and meet the AAT membership criteria, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
- FREE Student Membership to IPA upon enrolment and Graduate Associate Membership of IPA upon completion!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Accounting graduates are often employed in small businesses or within the finance department of large-multinational companies. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Accounting Technician
Investment: $1,895 + GST or from only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Approximately 200 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Start date: Get instant access within 1 business day.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Qualification details: Gain membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians as an AAT. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
“To be eligible to pursue AAT Professional Membership you are required to complete six AAT Assessments. By completing the assessments within this course, you qualify for an exemption from three of these exams, and you must complete the other three exams on-site at one of the AAT facilities in the main centres across New Zealand/Australia/Ireland. TCA will cover the costs of the initial exam only and any resit fees are at the expense of the student. The three exams that you must complete at the AAT venue are Financial Statements of Limited Companies, External Auditing and the Professional Synoptic Assessment.”
The availability of accounting-related roles in Australia is expected to increase resulting in over 84,000 job openings over 5 years. The salary range for Accounting Technicians is between $62,278 – 76,876 per year.
Sources: Seek, The Department of Education
Qualification details: Gain membership to AAT Global. Gain an internationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers. Your AAT membership will be awarded by AAT Global, not AAT Australia.
Advanced Certificate in Accounting
Comprises the following modules:
– Accounting & Business Prior Knowledge Quiz
Accounting with Excel:
– Accounting using Microsoft Excel
– Accounting and Business
– Issues in Income Determination & Asset ValuationAdvanced Accounting Principles:
– Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
– Internal Decision Making
– Analysing Financial Reports
– Financial Reporting FrameworkManagement Accounting:
– Cost Classification
– Costing Methods
– Product & Process Costing
– Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
Advanced Management Accounting:
– Activity Based Costing
– Budgeting & CVP Analysis
– Performance Management & Measurement
– Inventory Management & Planning
– Management Accounting: Budgeting
– Management Accounting: Decision and Control
– Fundamentals of Income Tax
– Understanding GST
Accounting with Xero:
– Introduction to Xero Online
– Xero Chart of Accounts
– Managing Contacts with Xero
– Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
– Xero Purchases & Bills
– Xero Bank Reconciliation & Managing Accounts
– Xero Reporting Overview
– Xero & Payroll Add-ons
– Bank Reconciliation & Activity Statement Preparation with Xero
– Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
– Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
– Budgeting with Xero
– Tracking Categories in Xero
– Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
– Customising Templates in Xero
– How to Make the Most of Xero
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
– SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
– Verification, Completeness & Justification
– Financial Statements of Limited Companies
– Accounting Systems & Controls
– External Auditing
*You will also be required to completed a prior knowledge quiz to test your current knowledge of accounting and business. There are 40 questions in this quiz and a pass mark of 80% must be achieved to proceed.
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!