Certificate in Psychology & Counselling
Understand positive ways to manage & motivate othersStudy counselling psychology to explore effective communication skills and conflict resolution techniques. Learn who works in the therapy and counselling sectors and what constitutes appropriate use of psychoanalysis. Discover how group behaviour and decision-making work with the Certificate in Psychology & Counselling, define abnormal behaviour and learn the difference between acute and chronic stress. Look into possible scenarios that lead to substance abuse and identify some symptoms of mental health issues. Enrol today and work towards a better understanding of the world. Our certificate in psychology and counselling at The Career Academy is completed 100% online with tutor support
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Investment & Payment
- Discover how your body reacts to stress
- Learn ways family, school & the wider world produce behaviours
- Start a journey towards training in psychology or counselling
- Learn what it takes to work in the mental health field
- Understand people and relationships from a psychological point of view
- Discover practical ways to communicate with individuals & groups
- Examine communication techniques used by counsellors & psychologists
The Certificate in Psychology & Counselling comprises the following 7 courses;
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
Receive a FREE student membership association to the International Association for Counselling
When you complete your course you’ll receive a 12-month student membership to the International Association for Counselling. A student membership will gain you great benefits including:
- Access to thousands of counselling articles through the IAC Journal
- Webinar and Newsletters
- Contacts & networking opportunities
- Conference and events Discounts
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $795 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
- Mental Health Support Worker/Assistant: With a certificate in Psychology & Counselling, you may seek positions as a support worker or assistant in mental health clinics, hospitals, or community organisations. You may provide support to individuals with mental health issues, assist with therapy sessions, and help implement treatment plans
- Rehabilitation Specialist: Rehabilitation centers or programs may require professionals who can help individuals recover from physical or mental health challenges. With your background in psychology and counselling, you could work as a rehabilitation specialist, assisting clients with developing coping skills, providing emotional support, and facilitating their reintegration into society.
- Crisis Hotline Operator: Many crisis hotlines seek individuals who have basic training in counselling and psychology. You could work as a crisis hotline operator, providing immediate emotional support and referrals to callers in distress. Training for crisis hotline work is typically provided by the organisation.
- Life Skills Coach: Your certificate in Psychology & Counselling can be useful for working as a life skills coach. In this role, you can assist clients in developing coping strategies, setting goals, and enhancing their overall well-being. Life skills coaches often work with individuals facing various challenges, such as addiction recovery, career transitions, or personal development
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
The Career Academy offers great foundation courses towards a career as a Counsellor. When you complete the Certificate in Psychology & Counselling, you will have a broad understanding of what it takes to work in the mental health field.
Many of our students use this course to compliment their other qualifications. Watch this video from Catriona Pianina, one of our successful students who was able to marry up her qualification from The Career Academy with her other qualifications and present herself to employers.