Certificate in Criminal Psychology
Turn a fascination into a field of enquiryOur Certificate in Criminal Psychology examines the motivations of those who operate outside the boundaries of what is considered socially acceptable. Take a criminal psychology course to explore criminal profiling, how crime is conceptualised and the origins of criminal behaviour. Discover criminal behaviour analysis and interactionist viewpoints, and look at a case study. You’ll explore IQ tests with this criminal psychology certificate, understand who is predisposed to unusual behaviour – and see what social situations might produce a life of crime. Enrol with The Career Academy today and discover true crime’s origins.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn the definitions of crime
- Understand criminal profiling
- Understand social issues towards a career in counselling or teaching
- Discover psychology which motivates criminal behaviour
- Learn criminal behaviour theories relating to youth and crime
- See how psychology is used by the police & courts
- Understand relationships between learning disabilities, youth, and crime
- Definitions of Crime
- Consensus View of what Crime is
- Conflict View of Crime
- Interactionist View of Crime
- Scope of Criminal Psychology
- What Criminal Psychologists do
- Case Study
- Correctional System
- Biological explanations of Crime
- XYY Chromosome Model
- Twin Studies
- Adoption Studies
- Nature, Nurture
- Environmental Explanations of Crime
- Family Influence
- Agency Explanations
- Rational Choice Theory
- Types of Aggression
- Drive Theories
- Freudian Theories
- Social Learning Theories
- Biological and Evolutionary Theories
- Types of Aggression
- Aggression an against Outsiders
- Aggression in Species
- Aggression in Humans
- Environmental Influences on Human Aggression
- Imitation or Modelling
- Aggression and Culture
- Other Factors in Aggression: Alcohol, Pain, Frustration
- Sexual Assault
- Pursuit Behaviour
- False Stalking Syndrome
- Meaning of Learning Disabilities
- IQ Testing
- Crime and Intelligence
- Modern Intelligence Testing
- Learning Disabilities and Crime
- Sex Offences and People with Learning Disabilities
- Scope and Nature of Psychopathology
- Personality Disorder
- How do People become Psychopaths
- Scope and Nature of Gender and Crime studies
- Rates of Crime
- Murder and Violence
- Case Study … Women Offenders
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Abuse
- Age of Criminal Responsibility
- Risk Factors
- Mental Health Risk
- Conduct Disorders
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Cumulative Affect of Risk Factors
- Prevalence and Offending
- Case Studies
- Young People as Victims
- Social Construction of Reported Crime
- Eyewitness Testimony
- Early Research
- Schemas and EWT
- Police Line Ups
- Every day Uses of Psychology by Police
- Social Cognition
- The Primacy Effect
- Schemas and Social Perception
- Central Traits
- Social Inference and Decision Making
- Psychology and the Law
- Guilt Bias
- Media Effect
- Defendant Attributes
- Attorney Attributes
- Types of Punishment
- History of Punishment
- Reasons for Punishment
- Punishment and Impartiality
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $795 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 100 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you may have a broader grasp of criminal psychology, motivation, and personality.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Criminal Psychology is a fascinating field of enquiry. To work as a Criminal Psychologist, you could begin by grasping the fundamentals with a Certificate in Criminal Psychology from The Career Academy before looking into a degree course.