Advanced Certificate in Psychology & Counselling
Understand the human mind and the counselling process with this internationally advanced psychology & counselling course.
You’ll learn the theory behind the skills and techniques used to successfully help people work through their problems and issues with counselling. This includes listening, reflection, questioning and interview techniques.
This online course has been developed by psychology and counselling experts. No prior experience necessary – start today!
See where our courses can take you! Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain an employer recognised qualification and add to your CV
- Increase your job prospects and learn key office Psychology & Counselling Skills
- Extend your understanding of psychology and counselling
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you!
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want applicants with an Advanced Certificate in Psychology & Counselling
- This online course has been developed by psychology and counselling experts.
- No prior experience necessary – start today!
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete this course in six months (ie one module per month)
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
Qualification Information: Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the International Association for Counselling, in addition to your course certificate.
This comprehensive course covers six modules
Module 1: Introduction to Psychology
- The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- Consciousness and Perception
- Psychological Development
- Needs, drives and motivation
Module 2: Certificate in Psychology & Counselling
- Abnormal behaviour
- Individual behaviour
- Group behaviour
- Methods of dealing with abnormalities
- Conflict resolution
- Interpersonal communication skills
Module 3: Counselling Skills
- Learning specific skills
- Listening & bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
Module 4: Advanced Counselling Skills
- The Counselling Session
- Focus on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
Module 5. Counselling Techniques
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy l – Freud, Erikson, Jung
- Psychoanalytical psychotherapy ll – Adler
- Humanistic/Existential approaches I – Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic/Existential approaches II – Person-Centred Counselling; Carl Rogers
- Rational emotive therapy – Albert Ellis
- Behavioural therapy
- Solution Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Module 6. Professional Practice in Psychology
- Understanding Counselling
- Ethics & Confidentiality
- Understanding the Self
- Emotions & Behaviour
- Referral Practice
This course is designed for
- People looking to further their knowledge in the field of psychology
- Those pursuing a career in psychology and counselling
★★★★★ “Thank you for the pleasant time during my time in the career academy student I’m so proud to have finished my course in Psychology and mental health and am currently now enrolled as a student in bachelor in Psychology and Youth social work but couldn’t have done it without these course thank you ☺” – Sammy Roberts
★★★★★ “The course is brilliant, it is easy to understand and the detail of knowledge is also easy to absorb. The tutors have been extremely helpful and prompt to reply. I find that I don’t have to use them much at all as the content is self-explanatory.” – Lynaire Hartley
★★★★★ “I wanted to further my skills and knowledge as well as continue to work full-time and studying through the career academy was a great way for me to achieve this” – Zara
★★★★★ “The markers of my assignments were wonderful. The positive comments were great and made me keen to fix a couple of errors. Thanks so much guys. I hope they keep up their great work.” – Linda McAlister
★★★★★ “It is hard to say one thing I like about the course because I am enjoying all of it. I am happy with the resources I have received and would rate my overall experience 5/5 so far.” – Krista Michelle Clapham
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Katie (Psychology Tutor)
I’m very happy with Career Academy.My tutor Katie McBain always give me a fast and detailed professional feedback of my assignments.
Thank you Katie.
Bess (Psychology Tutor)
My tutor Bess is always encouraging, supportive and i love her feed back especially when she encourages me to eloborate my answer to a question, she helps me have another go. I so appreciate her positive criticisms which helps me grow in understanding. The online course and material is easy to surf and understand. Brilliant CustomerCare with the help box, prompt and very communicative. I'm already utilized some of the teaching. Thank you everyone from The Career Academy studing is another opportunity for me to grow and open new doors career wise. 😎🤗😁
Louise (Psychology Tutor)
I am loving my course so far it has alot more content than i thought it would the assinments are challenging the tutors have been great (louise) gives great feedback and lets you know on areas you need to improve on or have done well on overall i am very happy with the course
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!