Understand GST, prepare BAS returns and rest assured you’re getting it right!This course is ideal for bookkeepers, busy office managers and small business owners who need to prepare BAS returns. You’ll be able to confidently understand how GST works, prepare BAS returns and calculate GST liabilities.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Accounting
Be awarded with an industry-recongised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
How you'll benefit
- Understand GST and how it needs to be implemented in your business
- Developed by Certified Practicing Accountants and Chartered Accountants
- Learn in your own time and at your own pace
- Expert tutor support available via phone or email
- Gain 10 continuing professional development hours on completion
- Identify an overview of GST in Australia.
- Recognise the major principles of GST.
- Identify when GST registration is required
- Recognise the obligations a business has once they are registered for GST.
- Identify the components of a valid sales invoice.
- Identify what the term attribution means and how this affects the GST returned to the ATO.
- Compare and contrast the cash basis and accrual basis for reporting GST.
- Calculate the GST on a product or service.
- Complete a basic BAS return.
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $100
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $100 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $295 + GST or only $25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 10 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Bookkeeper. These jobs in Australia earn approximately $92,509 per year but can be as high as $116,741 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 10 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Take 15% off.
Kickstart your career this weekend with 15% off all courses. Reshape your life, earn a promotion, or start your new career.