Advanced Certificate in Payroll Management
This is one course that will really pay offLooking to be the next stand out candidate in the numbers game? Well, here’s your opportunity. The Career Academy Advanced Certificate in Payroll will enable you to gain an intermediate level of knowledge and a strong understanding of payroll legislation and software, plus how to organise and analyse data in Excel. Once completed, it will further enhance your payroll skills, enabling you to pursue a career in the payroll sector as a Payroll Manager or Senior Payroll Officer.
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
~300 Hours | 12 Months Access
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Understand Payroll Inside Out
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just $1,795 + GST
Or from only $25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Learn the fundamentals of payroll legislation, payroll software and administration
- Obtain a major understanding of how to process payroll
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner – receive the official Xero advisor certification on completion
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Gain an industry and employer recognised certificate – with an endorsed course on your CV
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time.
- Be qualified and earn more with a new job or promotion
The Advanced Certificate in Payroll Management comprises the following courses;
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Understanding Key Australian Business Legislation
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees & Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips & Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Employment Payment Summaries with Xero
- Certificate in Xero Payroll Assessment
- Introduction to MYOB Essentials Payroll
- Setting up MYOB Essentials Payroll
- Setting up Employees in MYOB Essentials
- Setting up Single Touch Payroll (STP) with MYOB Essentials Payroll
- Processing Pays with MYOB Essentials
- Paying Super and Payroll Reporting with MYOB Essentials
- Certificate in MYOB Essentials Payroll
- Human Behaviour
- Workplace Communication Skills
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Controlling Operations
- Staff Training
- Work Teams
- Positive Discipline
- Grievances and Complaints
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger and the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Leadership
- Leadership Qualities
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Team Building
- Systematic & Lateral Thinking
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 10-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as an Accounting Technician. These jobs in Australia earn approximately $92,509 per year but can be as high as $116,741 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 10 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.