Hospitality Business Pathway
Find your way to successChoose a hospitality business career path and watch your world open up. This hospitality business course includes a comprehensive look at starting a business, how to become a good boss, what’s involved with managing a hotel, and the different definitions used to describe travellers and tourists. Combining three certificates around tourism and hospitality and a course that leads you through the steps to start a business, this pathway guides you through writing up a business plan for hospitality industry businesses. Choose a hospitality/tourism career path – enjoy the journey and the destination.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Administration
Be awarded with an industry-recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Become a business owner or manager in hospitality & tourism
- Increase your chances for success with hospitality business knowledge
- Access three travel & hospitality courses in one pathway
- Let investors & employers see you mean business
- Keep working while you learn with flexible online study
- Get clarity around legal requirements for business owners
- Understand your GST & tax obligations – avoid penalties
- This course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Introduction to Human Nutrition & Cooking
- Kitchen and Food Management
- Planning a Menu
- Scope and Nature of Catering Services & Personnel Management
- Management of Catering Services
- Introduction to the Bar Industry
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Mixing Drinks & Service Procedures
- Fundamentals of Wine Appreciation
- Travel Industry Overview
- Money, Insurance, Legalities and Other Issues
- Transport – Airline Reservations
- Transport – Car Rental
- Transport – Other
- Package Tours
- Travel Agency Procedure Systems
- Scope & Nature of Hotel Management
- Organisation of the Workplace
- Staff Management
- Control Systems in Hotels
- Front Desk Management
- Servicing Rooms & General Cleaning
- Building & Facility Management
- Activities Management
- Food Service in Hotels
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Understanding GST
- Financial Statement Analysis
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $500
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $500 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $2,495 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you will have a foundation of knowledge towards gaining work as a Food & Beverage Attendant, Hotel Manager or starting your own hospitality business.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Hospitality encompasses many exciting roles – including the possibility of running your own hospitality business. To get on the right track to success, you should complete a Hospitality Business Pathway with The Career Academy.