Advanced Certificate in Medical Secretary
Forge a new career pathway in healthcare administrationLearn valuable skills towards a career as a Medical Secretary. Learn how to provide medical administrative support, manage healthcare records using Medtech Evolution software, understand medical terminology, and discover the importance of precision formatting with The Career Academy’s medical secretarial course. Discover medical office management and use this medical secretarial training to learn about discharge and death summaries, work on perfecting your business communication skills, and get experience with reading medical records correctly. Enrol in our medical secretary course and discover how far you can go.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Investment & Payment
- Discover Medtech Evolution software
- Take a module in Medical Transcription
- Learn basic medical and pharmacological terminology & abbreviations
- Become knowledgeable about medical office administration
- Gain a professional certificate recognised by employers
- Course accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards
- Receive a Certificate in Medical Terminology
- Note: There is no extensions available for the Medical Transcription portion of this Advanced Certificate
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
- Role of a Receptionist
- Medical Reception Service Skills
- Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
- Maintain Patient Records
- Effective Business Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Customer Relationship ManagementOptional:
- Introduction to Medtech Evolution
- Introduction to Medical Transcription
- Tools of the Trade
- Understanding Medical Records
- Listening Carefully
- Grammar, Sentence Structure, and Punctuation
- Medical Terminology and Spelling
- Report Formatting and Word Processing
- Checking Your Work
- Classification Systems, and Discharge and Death Summaries
- Infections, Blood, and Cells
- The Nuts and Bolts of Working as an MT
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $400
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $400 discount, with a 10 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
This course costs $1,595 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 250 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Medical Receptionist or Secretary.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 1800 837 550 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 10-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
Completing The Career Academy Diploma in Medical Secretary is an excellent first step towards a career as a Medical Secretary.